Join the WORLD team and make a difference in the lives of many! WORLD is currently looking for qualified applications for the following positions:
Women Organized to Respond to Life-threatening Diseases (WORLD), an affiliate of AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF), is a diverse organization for, by, and about women living with, and at risk for, HIV/AIDS. WORLD improves the lives and health of women, girls, families and communities affected by HIV through peer-based education, wellness services, advocacy, and leadership development. We envision a world where women, girls, and families affected by HIV and AIDS have the tools, support and knowledge to live healthy and productive lives with dignity. Our vision is rooted in a commitment to human rights and wellness with the understanding that this includes freedom from violence; access to housing; quality healthcare; food security; physical, spiritual and emotional wellbeing; education and economic justice.
WORLD, in affiliation with AHF, is seeking a full-time Case Manager/Navigator to join the team at the WORLD office located in Oakland, California.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisor Title: Carla Dillard Smith, Interim Executive Director
The Case Manager & Navigator for WORLD is responsible for projecting and integrating the Mission and Core Values of the organization within and outside of the WORLD Department.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to WORLD, Attention: Operations Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports to: Interim Executive Director
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Case Management Duties:
- Link clients to WORLD’s network of human, medical, and social service provider partners, as needed.
- Provides a WORLD -hosted opioid abuse support group for HIV+ women of color at high risk for opioid dependency.
- Offer direct linkage to harm reduction based chemical dependency programming.
- Approach clients via WORLD’s trauma -informed and gender -responsive theoretical frame in assisting clients in determining an Individual Service Plan (ISP) for reducing their risk and /or usage of opioids with the ultimate goal of abstinence from all opioids in client’s pain management.
- Engage with clients using Motivational Interviewing techniques and culturally appropriate approach to the prevention education intervention.
- Work closely with WORLD clinic-based Peer Advocates to ensure on-site advocacy, support, information, and referrals.
- Interview applicants and clients regarding their current financial and /or health insurance status to assess what public assistance options are applicable to fulfill a PrEP prescription.
- Assist clients with completing application processes (paperwork, phone calls, linkage to providers, etc.) for insurance enrollment, co-pay programs, and benefits programs concerning coverage and payment.
- Review all eligibility, insurance, and benefits paperwork for clarity and completion.
- Navigate funding resources for clients dealing with substance addiction, mental illness, domestic violence, chronic physical condition, and access HIV care.
- Provide Early Intervention Services to avoid HIV related health complications.
- Provide direct client advocacy and referrals needed to facilitate more rapid appointment.
Participation in Meetings/Committees
- Attends meetings as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
At least 2 years Case Management and or Benefits trained to assist clients to secure benefits such as Med-Cal, Family PAC, and PrEP. High school degree or equivalent. Experience in working in human services provision at community agencies, healthcare settings, and functional knowledge related to HIV/AIDS is plus. Familiarity with service options available to support and empower women living with HIV/AIDS. Knowledge of harm reduction, healthy coping, and steps for networking with providers preferred. Knowledge of criminal justice systems, substance abuse, and mental health is preferred.
Computer/Software Skills & Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Adobe Acrobat Reader, and internet proficiency and other computer-related tasks.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to Management, public groups, and /or boards of directors
Basic Skills: Ability to apply advance mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such task as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Individual must be self-motivated and bale to work independently as well as a team. Ability to successfully clear health screening and background check.
Other Skills & Abilities/Qualifications
- Sensitivity to issues surrounding HIV and AIDS.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and follow established protocols.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Sensitivity to multi-cultural and lifestyle issues.
- Strong organizational/prioritizing skills in a rapidly changing environment.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Valid California Driver’s License in State of employment.
- Proof of liability insurance.
Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with the title “Program Services Manager” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
This position is based in Oakland, CA. WORLD is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring staff which reflect the diversity of the community we serve. Women of color, transgender women, and people living with HIV strongly encouraged to apply. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions.